Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Tax time!

I finally finished my 2004 taxes.
I really milked the automatic two month extension. I don't know why since I had no reason to. My folks were nice enough to send me the forms I needed and I found the rest online. Hyun-joo was a god-send helping me with some of the forms.



I used TurboTax again since I has been a great piece of tax software for the past few years. This year, I had some problems though. I couldn't finish all of the procedures since I kept failing the "check" phase.
Turbotax had to update to download the newest version of form 2555 except the program kept locking up and failed to upload. I ended up doing half of my taxes manually and I'm just crossing my fingers that I did them right. I consider myself a relatively educated person, but some of the instructions on the taxes are difficult to understand. What a royal pain in the butt.



So, now I wait. Next year, I'm going to keep to the April 15th deadline and finish these up earlier. I'm done!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doing taxes is a good enough reason. I don't want to be American!!

Kent Matsueda said...

but dude, Americans rock!