Thursday, September 27, 2007

Lost in Limbo

Procrastinating on another resume. This one was bumped up because it is one of the first hits I've gotten closer to home (well, our temporary one). I just heard two days ago from one of the first positions I applied for. They said that the position was "canceled" so that's a dead-end. That was up at Portland Community College. They had the most rigorous application yet.

So, in my 15 min break, I played around with a new piece of software that let's me broadcast a webcam feed from my MacBook. Not that there's much happening of interest here right now. The port number will keep changing every time I reboot, so I doubt the link will stay active for long.

I think we're all going out for Thai this evening. We go out for dinner about once a week. That's one thing Vegas has a lot of: restaurants. Unfortunately they've gotten more expensive since the last time I was here, but that was a long time ago and everything was more expensive.

The housing market is looking good for us. If only I could get a bite on one of my applications and get a job. I'm really excited to think about where we'll end up. It's nice being back in America.


View Larger Map

Went out for a little adventure yesterday with Scott, my brother-in-law. We checked out an area called Spring Mountain Recreation Area, about 30 miles from here. It's a multi-purpose national forest area and we saw some ATV'ers setting out. It was so beautiful, too bad I forgot to snap some pix. It's not too far that I couldn't head out there every now and then. I promise more pix next time.

No comments: