Monday, September 03, 2007

Happy Labor Day!

I hope everyone is enjoying a great day off. I'm just resting up now that I'm back from Dallas.


Please click on slideshow for downloads and a larger version.

I flew up to Salt Lake City last week to help my sister, Lynn, move down to Dallas. I had a chance to spend two short days hanging out with Chase and Cole. They're very well. I got to see Chase's football practice and Cole's Cub Scout meeting. I was a pretty proud Uncle.

Last Thursday at 9:15 AM, Lynn and I took off with a 6'x12' U-Haul trailer on the back of Lynn's new Volvo XC90. Thankfully, driving forward and turning with the trailer is pretty easy. Reverse is another story. Lynn and I took turns driving 3-hour shifts covering a little over 1400 miles to get to Dallas. We drove through Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas, and Oklahoma before we arrived at Lynn's apartment two and a half days later.

Dallas wasn't anything like I expected. It was far more residential than I would have figured. There are some very nice areas to drive through only a few minutes outside the concrete high rises.

Best wishes to Lynn in her new beginning down in Dallas! Take care Lynn!

1 comment:

Casey said...

funny i was wondering when you were leaving to do the move and you're already back...that was quick! so what's next on the amazing kent and hyun joo adventure?