Saturday, September 08, 2007

Is it really the weekend?

I've sorta lost track of the days. The upside to being jobless. That's about it. I'm ready to get working again. Anyone wanna give me a job (that I'm looking for)?
:-)

Still working on getting more applications out. They're taking quite a long time. The current one requires me to write an essay addressing a number of points. It'll be good for eventual interviews, but it's a lot of work. Applying for positions over the internet isn't as straight forward as sending in a resume and cover letter. It's pretty cool actually to see what different schools are doing to hire folks. I just hope I start getting a few hits.


We put a deposit on a 2008 Honda Fit Sport as of yesterday morning. We'll have to wait for it to arrive. It could be up to a month! It didn't seem like too long at first, but it's starting to sink in. Hopefully it'll be much sooner and I was reassured that it might very well be. We'll just have to wait and see at this point.

We had a real nice evening over at Scott's (my brother-in-law) brother's house last night. They live only about a 5 min drive from here. They have a beautiful place right on one of the local golf courses. We had a fantastic Korean meal and eventually made plans to meet up again this evening. Us guys even decided that we'll look for tickets to the Ultimate Fighting Championship fight coming up soon. That is if we can even buy tickets.

2 comments:

Casey said...

nice, hope the wheels show up sooner...i thought you guys were staying with hyun joo's sister and bro-in law...is that not the case?

Kent Matsueda said...

Yeah, we're staying with HJ's sister. They have a beautiful place. I've been taking breaks while working on applications: lounging in front of HD cable, a swim in the pool, and hanging out with my baby nephew.

We got the wheels in part because we're pretty isolated out here and we have to ask for rides to run the smallest of errands.