Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bike to work!

Whew, I dusted off my touring/commuting bike and rode it to work today. The drive normally takes about 20 minutes with commuter traffic, but on-bike the route takes about 30 minutes. Man, was I winded when I rolled into Innovation Park, but that'll get better over time - I hope. 

Half of the ride is beautiful. I ride through some really beautiful neighborhoods. Once I start heading up towards campus, it's more of a traffic commute. I even hit part of a highway right before I take the exit ramp to Innovation Park.

Our car gets fantastic gas mileage, but why use it if I don't need to? I hope to keep it up once we move out to our new home at McKivison, but we'll when the time comes.

2 comments:

prgvt said...

Kent-man...

Keep riding...it'll get better. Today, May 15th was the first day in May that I didn't ride to work, because it rained...commuting is the way to go!

Travis said...

Hey yeah! I've been commuting now for about 4 years, granted I'm only a 20 minute ride from my office, but it's definitely the thing to do.