Friday, January 11, 2008

A night to remember

This day has just cruised on by. I gotta get ready soon to head over to Winston's, Scott's brother, house. They only live a few minutes away. I already dropped Hyunjoo off around 3PM.

We're all headed over there to pay respects to Scott and Winston's mother. Koreans remember their deceased relatives on the anniversary of their deaths. Unfortunately their parents passed away at a very young age.

So, there'll be a ceremony of sorts this evening and then we'll have a traditional Korean meal there.

I've been pretty busy with my Electronic Village Online session for the year. I've returned to co-moderate the 2008 Teaching with PowerPoint session. Things haven't even really heated up yet, the session begins on the 14th.

I also just found out when my presentation will be at TESOL this year. I'll have to be in NYC around the start of April to give a quick series of presentations on our EVO session.

I was supposed to finish my cover letter for Penn State, but that might take another day. It's easy to get side tracked with seemingly important tasks, but I really need to prioritize.

They've finally started to build up the graded lots behind Scott's house. I fear his wonderful view of Red Rock Canyon will evaporate faster than I had originally imagined. With the poor housing situation every where, I'm surprised they're bothering to build new homes.

I'm still holding out on picking up an iPhone that "everyone" pitched in to get me. Thank you Mom & Dad, and Mom and Dad in Korea, Hyunjoo, Scott, Nayoung, Winston and Julia! Macworld in SF is next week and it would be extremely hasty to buy almost any Apple product right now.

Some folks speculate that Steve has so much to announce that he's getting some of the hardware upgrades out of the way now, like the Mac Pro. I'm not expecting the iPhone with 3G - I just want 16GB of storage (or more). So, I'm crossing my fingers.

I haven't really been watching much football, but I'll be keeping my eyes on the Patriots this Saturday after the wildcards are in. I can still remember the painful beating we took from "The Refrigerator" Perry back in the 80's.

No comments: