Thursday, August 11, 2005

"Over There" somewhere...

Here I go... mouthing off about something I don't really know too much about. I've recently been seeing ads about a series on FX about the war in Iraq.



Not having seen one episode, my gripe is the principle of the show fictionalizes the war to an extent that appears to be evasive of the real suffering of the conflict. I'm talking about the suffering of the Americans who have lost loved ones and those that have made sacrifices to stand up for what the believe in and the innocent civilians who now live in a war zone. I'm not sure it's a good sign that Americans can turn to a fictional account of the war to have to understand the implications of the real one going on out there.



I'll watch and episode and see how I feel afterwards.

No comments: