Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Bye Hyun-joo!

Hyun-joo left today for Kanazawa. We had some problems when we arrived at Northwest. They cancelled the flight because of "maintenance" and it took them a while to re-route her. Instead of flying from Newark to Detroit to Nagoya... she had to take a taxi to JFK Intl. Airport in NY to fly directly to Tokyo. From there she'll hopefully get the airlines to buy her a train ticket to Kanazawa. I spoke with her on the phone when she was waiting to board in JFK and she sounded well. I just hope she doesn't have any other surprises.



I packed a little... cleaned up some stuff in the basement... and thought about what else I'll need to do before I have to return to Kanazawa. I have to start replying to all the wonderful emails from folks congratulating Hyun-joo and I about our engagement.



I'm a little concerned about the wedding... I have no idea how we're going to work this with folks coming from Korea and all around the States. I would like to do it bilingually for her family. We haven't even set a date, so I guess there's no rushing around just yet. I think the only thing we've decided is that we're not going to get married in Korea or Japan. I suppose somewhere in the States makes sense. I dunno.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, you lucky dude! ;)
So, a bilingual wedding, huh? That sounds interesting.. although it might not be necessary.. I dunno either.
Well.. just come back safe first. Okay? :)
I'm getting bored........zzz

Kent Matsueda said...

heh? falling asleep? time warp! how's the jet lag treating you? Oh no!
I had to come to the public library to use the computer since I was getting frustrated with my parent's dial up speeds (or lack thereof).
sorry about stiffing you with the fish tank. i hope it wasn't a horrible clean up job. i'll make it up to you! i promise.

Anonymous said...

Well, the situation with the fish tank was.. to make a long story short, I don't want to have sushi for a while. Oh yeah, it was that horrible.
Btw, last night I dreamed about losing my ring. :( Talk about a stress dream!!

Kent Matsueda said...

Don't lose it yet! I haven't had it insured! Eat ice-cream before you go to bed... that'll take care of all you dreams :-P