Saturday, July 16, 2005

At the Stroke of Midnight: Harry Potter

Hyun-joo, my sister, my brother, and my nephew went to the local Borders bookstore to grab a copy of "Half-blood Prince". Hyun-joo bought him a copy as a present. Even at 25% off it seemed a little expensive to me, but it was worth it when I saw my nephew. I didn't get to go, but would have liked to just to see the crowds. Not surprisingly there were a lot of folks there. One of the employees used a megaphone to count down to midnight then folks who didn't reserve a copy for themselves were able to grab one. The long wait didn't come until the check-out. Everyone had to take a number which a clerk would call out when it was your turn to pay for the book. Here in Maui, there were about 600 copies sold in the first hour.

No comments: