Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Out fishing


Click on the slideshow to view a larger version.

Hyunjoo and I have recently taken up fishing. It's nice because it takes us outside and it's a great motivation to see rural PA. My nephews will one day come fishing with us, so I figured that it'd be nice if I knew a thing of two before we took them out. Now, keep in mind that it's been something like twenty-five years since I've last fished. I think the fish have gotten a lot smarter in that time.

Our first time out we went to Coyler Lake and caught a small sunfish and some kind of pickerel. All the fishing excitement came in the first hour. We didn't get another hit the rest of the day.

Our second outing to Black Moshannon was last weekend in questionable conditions. We spent most of our time boating around than casting for fish. Hyunjoo nearly had a bite near the surface, but that one go away. We weren't out long before it started to rain, so we just packed up early. It was still nice to get out.

I think we'll keep heading back to Black Moshannon until we catch more. I've heard there's nice bass out there and it'd be nice to get a fight on our hands.

No comments: