Monday, December 19, 2005

New snow tires for everyone!

I tried out my new "snow tires" today: a brand new pair of rubber boots to keep my legs warm and dry as I march to school each morning. The slushy snow is a bitch, but much more tolerable now that I have my boots. I just throw on a pair of slippers when I get to my classes and all's well.



When I got home, I shoveled out in front of my car - out into the street. I didn't bother as much with the stuff around the car since my back has been bothering me a bit. It was slow going. I've been using this small plastic thing that Hannah and Tyson gave us when the left us with the car. When I finished with the shoveling, I went around back and grabbed my snow tires and chucked them into the back of the car. It was time to get them on the car. Unfortunately, I got stuck not more than six feet out of the driveway. I knew the worst snow would be there. Our road, like many in these parts, doesn't get plowed and no one dares to shovel the roads in front of our apartment. So the guy next door was nice enough to give me a hand and we got my car out after a few minutes. Then, I drove to Yellow Hat, a service center. They said they wouldn't change my tires since they were closing in 30 minutes. So, I ended up chaning my front tires right in their parking lot. It was a pain in the ass, but I finally finished. The new tires make all the difference. I hope to get chains too, but they're freaking expensive here. I'm looking at least a hundred dollars! That's like a third of the price I paid for the car! Oh, well.



We've been getting snow every day now for the past week. It's incredible. This is a totally different season than last year. I can't wait to go snowboarding!



Well, only a few more days of classes left and then off to the icebox of Korea. Boy, I'll be missing the chance to go diving this year. I guess there's next summer.

No comments: