Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Gotta get organized for the wedding...

I spoke with my folks this past weekend. I had more pent-up stress than I knew about. They offered some great advice. I gotta remember my place in this whole thing. My priority is to support Hyun-joo with her decisions and to make the planning process easier - no matter what. We also can't hope to make everyone happy at all times. We just have to plan something that we'll be happy with and hope will be fun and let folks do their own thing. Ultimately, there's not much to be worried about. I know both families well enough that I'm confident that nothing psycho will happen. And as long as Hyun-joo and I are there for the ceremony, it'll happen.



There is a lot to think about, but we just have get things prioritized and organized. The wedding planner is next. I was saying that we'll have to try and find someone who can be sensitive to the fact that we're not tourists and we don't want a tourist's wedding. But I think that'll prove to be difficult.



Ultimately the distance and time zone differences are the most difficult right now. I wonder how that'll play out over the next few weeks.

No comments: